Friday, December 20, 2013

Less Talk and more Action

We're putting feet to our words once again.  We've had Munchkin now for 3 1/2 weeks or so.  Goodness gracious!  So much personality for someone so small!  This little guy knows what he wants and gosh darn it he wants it now.  He's demanding, but he's full of smiles and coos when you come through for him.  It keeps us going when sleep deprivation, work stress and seasonal illness take their toll, and boy have they this week for me especially.  Sooooo ready for some down time over the holidays!

I'm going to take this moment to say a special thanks to my mommy.  She's been such a wonderful help and has graciously dealt with my stressed out, sick, and grumpy self this week.  And another special thanks to my Sweetie.  He's also been very sweet and gracious, and he has done his best to take care of me without jeopardizing his own health in the process.  I'm feeling very loved in the midst of my medicated chaos.

On a slightly different note, here's an update for those of you who are as anxious as we are to see us actually follow through to adoption someday...  This placement has not made any promises of being a potential adoptive placement.  It can always end up going that way, but we took this one on with the full knowledge that its possible we won't get to keep him.  This go around, we're not asking as many questions.  We don't want anyone in the system to make us any promises they can't keep.  We will love him while we have him, however long that may be.  His particular situation tugged at our heart strings and we said yes.  I can't disclose the details, but just know that everyone involved in this case holds a special place in our life's mission as Christians and as a couple.

Because we know that Munchkin might not be a permanent deal, we're remaining very open to young sibling groups of two.  I know what you're thinking, and yes we are crazy, but we've seen how quickly things can change in the world of CPS and how long they can drag out as well, and we don't know which extreme Munchkin's case might lean toward.  We're going to have to step out in faith and trust that God knows exactly what's on the horizon for us, and we have to trust that he's going to provide for our mental, emotional, physical and spiritual needs as we pour ourselves out for the least of these as he's called us to.

If you would please keep us in your prayers.  Its easy enough to write all of this.  Doing it is not so easy and while I may sound confident and resolved, there are doubts and fears that at times pop up and can tear my eyes off of my Savior, who is my strength and supply.  I think that's probably true for all of us, no matter what our specific calling in life is.  So be encouraged!  Doing something hard is by definition hard, but doing something easy isn't nearly as rewarding and life giving.  Dare to do something hard, challenging, and risky for the sake of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment