Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hopeful Anxiety

Our Booger is doing great.  His tummy issues seem to be resolved for the most part.  He's eating more and more, getting bigger and bigger, and sleeping better and better.  And we're getting more and more attached.

Dealing with a government agency is always difficult and uncertain through no specific fault of any one individual involved.  There are so many moving parts its mind boggling.  The hopeful state we were previously in has been threatened a bit.  Either way our Booger is going to be well loved and taken care of.  No decisions have been made, and it will be a difficult decision for the powers that be, with pros and cons for either direction this could go.  Again, I would not want to be the detached third party making these decisions affecting the futures of the children and families in question.

Never the less, my anxiety is mounting as we wait for their decision.  It will bring big change for us either way.  If the decision is not in our favor I will be devastated.  If the decision is in our favor I will be overjoyed, but still heavy hearted for the other potential family in question.

I've been reminded over and over the last 24 hours that my hope needs to be in the Lord and not in people or the government.  What ever happens, it was always in His plan, and He can see the bigger picture.  My sight and perspective are finite and limited.  I know what I want, but the problem with that statement is "I."  Its not about me.  It's about our Booger and God's plan for his life.  All we can do is pray that God gives the powers that be wisdom and discernment in making their decision.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Claire, I will be praying for y'all. You are right though, God's plans for your life are much bigger than your plans for your life. Continue to look to Him and you will feel more at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, so sorry to hear that you're in a tough spot. Wishing you, Jeremy, and your beautiful boy the best!

    --Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I'm just now getting to go through and read the comments over the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete